ACKC is a grassroots organization established in 2003 by kidney cancer patients and their families/caregivers who are working to raise awareness of kidney cancer and to ensure that it receives the public and private funding required to identify and develop effective treatment modalities and to find a cure for this disease. ACKC works with government officials, research institutions, and other interested organizations and individuals to increase the level of funding for kidney cancer research.
The goals of ACKC are to:
- Educate government officials, kidney cancer patients and caregivers, and the general public about kidney cancer.
- Advocate for the increase in government and private sector funding for research to find the causes, diagnostic and treatment options, and ultimately a cure for kidney cancer.
- Expand our national network of grassroots supporters to join with us in our advocacy efforts.
- Provide funding for kidney cancer research projects.
- Support the work of physicians, scientists, and other researchers working in the kidney cancer field.
- Cooperate with other organizations in order to achieve mutual goals.